Friday, October 5, 2012

My Imaginisce "Welcome Autumn" pumpkin

Update: I am so stinkin thrilled to report that I won the Create with Imaginisce contest!! There were so many wonderful entries I wasn't sure I even had a chance. But they chose my sweet little pumpkin and now I have this awesome Imaginisce I-tool prize pack on it's way to me!! I can't wait to use all of it!!



Happy Friday!! I want to share with you my newest Fall decoration that is beautifully adorning my table as soon as you walk through the front door. I saw a contest on the Create blog calling for a project using Imaginisce products and I jumped right on it! So here it is.... along with a few instructions if you'd like to make one yourself.




To start, I used my Cricut machine and Cricut Craft Room to stretch out the oval shape from George & Basic Shapes cartridge and cut out 7 of these pieces. I know I only have 5 in the picture but I later realized that I would definitely need 7 pieces. Ahhhh.... the beauty of scrapbooking! ;)


Then I adhered long strips of orange ribbon to each piece.


For the middle piece (which holds everything together), I used one of my SRM tubes. I believe it's the shorter 5" tube. I trimmed some of this adorable pumpkin paper to fit inside of the tube.


Then started to assemble all of my pieces together to end up with....


this! 


After I let the adhesive dry I started creating the top.  The stem was created by cutting a piece of the brown polka dotted paper to measure 4" by 10". I ran some water over it and crumpled it gently to break down the fibers so I could easily mold it and bend it. I rolled it up and glued it shut and then shaped the top to create a slight curve. Using the same technique, I wrapped a strip of green paper around a pencil to make the curly part of the vine. The other part of the vine I cut off of a crystal flower piece. Then I glued everything down.


After all of that was dry and secure, I made a bow using 4 pieces of twine, took another piece of twine and tied it around the bottom of the stem so I could tie on the leaves which were cut using my Cricut and the Doodlecharms cartridge. Lastly, I glued my twine bow on and it ended up looking like this! I for one am loving this sweet little pumpkin!


Thanks for stopping by today! :)

Products used:

Imaginisce Apple Cider collection
Imaginisce Apple Cider 6x6 pad
Imaginisce Apple Cider rub-ons
SRM Mini Tube
The Twinery Twine


post signature

6 comments:

  1. wow it is so creative, love your pumpkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable Aimée! Now I want to get my Autumn decor stuff out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! i made some last year, but just used a brad and they stayed. yours is much cuter than any of mine were. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so amazing idea!! Thanks for the tutorial, I'm so gonna make these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS~ this is such a fabulous project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks again for the idea!! I made my own version of the pumpkins and took it a step further!: http://veilan.wordpress.com/2012/10/29/halloween-kattaus-ja-paperikurpitsat/
    (it's in Finnish, but there's a translation in english at the bottom of the post)

    ReplyDelete